Sunday, August 2, 2009

For numerical simulation would it be more advisable to learn C++ or C#?

I'm entering my senior year of aerospace engineering and the programming requirements in terms of numerical processing time are increasing rapidly. My question is whether or not is worth while to learn C++ or C# for this numerical simulations and calculations. I have a solid background in web scripting(javascript, vb, asp, php, etc) and very solid in MATLAB programming but am looking for something a little....quicker in terms of calculation time.





Any suggestions?

For numerical simulation would it be more advisable to learn C++ or C#?
MATLAB is the best for NM
Reply:Although you could write FAST code with either, I think C++ may benefit you a little more, as it will give you more "bare-metal" performance.





C# has features like "garbage collection" that add a small amount of processing overhead.

marguerite

No comments:

Post a Comment