Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are you familiar with C?

Hi, I'm learning c programing and I'm also using vista unfortunately. I got this tip but I have no idea when I'm supposed to use that line....








Apparently MinGW in Windows Vista loses track of one key file when it installs. To ensure that the file is found when you compile modify the command path to include this folder:





C:\MINGW\LIB\GCC-LIB\MINGW32\3.2.3





This path assumes that MinGW is installed in the root folder on drive C, and that you're using version 3.2.3 of MinGW. If not, change the last part of the pathname accordingly. For example, for MinGW version 3.4.5 use:





C:\MINGW\LIBEXEC\GCC-LIB\MINGW32\3.4.5





By adding the proper, the missing file will be found. Here is the path I set when I do my command line programming in Vista:





PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\MINGW\BIN;C:\MINGW\...





That seems to work. I'm not happy with it. But it works.

Are you familiar with C?
This is the way it should work.


No comments:

Post a Comment