Saturday, May 22, 2010

C++/C++0x Question?

I was planning to learn C++, but I found out that C++0x is being developed. Is C++ a foundation to C++0x, or will C++0x and C++ be totally different. I want to know this is because I don't want to waste my time learning C++ if C++ and C++0x is totally different.

C++/C++0x Question?
C++0x is still being developed and will have some improvements to C++, like garbage collection, for example. But, it will not have any fundamental changes to the C++ language, as they are trying to maintain backwards compatibility. I'd say learn C++ and, when you master it, learn what the differences will be. That's the best roadmap, I believe.
Reply:You have first learned C++,then studies C++Ox again, should not have a difficulty.


so i suggested that u do not need the consideration too much, earnestly studies is most important . Good luck!


1 comment:

  1. You can start with classic books(Mayers, Stroustrup, Alexandrescu, Sutter) about c++, c++0x will have some additional features but language will be not modified.

    ReplyDelete